Sunday, June 26, 2005

The motherland - day 1

I've arrived, got the pleasure of touching down at Guangzhou's brand spanking new airport (the old one was a small strip of land right in the middle of the city, yes there would've been much skyscraper dodging). It rained when I touched down but its even warmer than Singapore! 35 (previously 33 as the plane touched down) degrees here. Its unbearable without air con!!

Things of note straight away:

People's tolerance of heat - much like my tolerance of cold and alcohol... it borders on fantastical. I saw many people walking around in the sweltering heat with JACKETS!!!!!!!, long sleeves I can maybe understand... but JACKETS!!!!!1111

Reckless driving - I love drivers in China, everyone thinks they're invincible, lucky we were on the motorway (sorry... they're called expressways here), otherwise I'm sure my driver would've played chicken with each and everyone of the oncoming cars.

I think I'm in need of a shower, and then catch up on the sleep i missed playig Super Mario Bros, thats it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAY IAN I CNT BELEVE UR IN CHINA LOL I MISS U U LITLE GUY U R MY LUCKY STAR U KNOW TAHT?/